WordPress.com does not easily facilitate the storage and retrieval of these files so they are stored as Word files.
To read or use these files follow the following steps.
- If one does not already exist add a folder named to your “My Documents” folder.
- Clicking on the file name will download it.
- Clicking the downloaded file will open it in Word.
- Press Ctrl +a to select everything in that document.
- Open Kedit to an empty file and paste into the 1st line of that file.
- Save this result as its name herein; ie: FTPERSON.KEX into the folder named “Family Tree System”. It should now look identical to the word document; color, format and etc.
- Review, study and become familiar with the contents of the file.
- If you are interested in actually running this code the is a different procedure for this depending on the file type of the file. Each is listed below.
- The file named “TestFamilyTreeSystem.GED” provides a test bed for the system. It contains both good and bad data for Kedit to process.
These are Kedit macro files
- Open file “TestFamilyTreeSystem.GED” located in the “Family Tree System” folder with Kedit.
- On the command line of Kedit enter the name of the macro; ie: FTPERSON.
- Press enter to execute the macro. It will process for a few minutes and when done the file will disappear.
- If processing went at planned there now will be a new file in the “Family Tree System” folder, ie: “FT_Person.sql”.
Some are generated by the Kedit macros
others have been provided
- If you have SQL software up and running, clicking on the name of an SQL file in the “Family Tree System” folder will load that file into SQL as a new query.
- Execute that query and it will process and load the “dbo.Person” Table with all the individuals in the “TestFamilyTreeSystem.GED” file.